Ongoing: 10:15 a.m-Book Babies with Miss Wendy will be at the Elkin Public Library on Thursdays. Featuring stories & songs for you and your baby. The program last for 20-25 minutes. Age 0-24 months and their caregiver.
Children’s Story Hours: The Elkin Public Library • 10:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 2 and 3 year olds • 11:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 4 and 5 year olds
Ongoing: The Yadkin Valley Senior Center & Jonesville Nutrition site, serves lunch everyday Monday – Friday at 11:30 a.m. Many activities are planned daily, bingo, coupon swap, quilting, sewing, mental health games, prayer shawls, blood pressure check, scrap booking, crossword puzzles, Zumba, Tai Chi, ENP Shopping, Fire Safety, Etc. You may call 336-526-1087 for more information.
Ongoing: Thursdays at 10:30, Boonville Community Public Library will have Preschool story time for ages 2-5 year olds. This will consist of stories, songs, and crafts. Call 367-7737.
Ongoing: 6.p.m every third Tuesday of every month The American Business Women’s Association(ABWA)-Carolina Tri-Way Charter Chapter meets at Matty’s restaurant in Elkin on North Bridge Street. The ABWA brings together business women of diverse occupations and provides opportunities to grow personally & professionally through leadership, education, networking & national recognition. Call Laurette Leagon 336-366-9122.
Ongoing: Live music at Fiddles Pub -Historic Downtown Elkin on Friday & Saturday nights. Nov 23, Larry Wishon, Nov 24, Sam Tayloe solo, Nov 30, Wayne Smith.
Ongoing: Olde Mill Winery & vineyards is pleased to announce “Deck The Halls” event has begun. A new wine called Epiphany dedicated to the memory of Doug Hamilton has been released. The event will continue on to January 13, 2013. 336-374-6533.
Nov 26 & 27
• 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Masquerade Jewelry and Accessories Sale at Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital in Elkin. All jewelry is $5.00.
• 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Business After Hours Book Launch at The Yadkin Valley Chamber of Commerce Building in Elkin. Meet the author of “The Color of My Heart” Sarah Martin Byrd. Signed Copies are $15.00.
• 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Dobson Christmas Parade and Lighting of the Christmas tree.
• 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. 52 Annual Community chorus of Elkin, Christmas Concert at First Baptist Church in Elkin. Rehearsal Dates: Nov. 8, 15, 29 from 7 – 9 p.m.
• 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Light Up Night and Open House in Historic Downtown Elkin. Buggy rides, music, shopping spree drawings, refreshments and carolers will be the attractions.
Santa will be at Fairfield Inn & Suites.
• 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Foothills Arts Council will hold The Open Air Market. Fine arts show with artist from across the state under the big tents and market lights continuing our Art in the Garden series. The Open Air Art Market is a new spin on an old world market with fire pits, S’mores making station, live music, three Yadkin Valley Wineries, food, a children’s craft station, “Home Is Where the Heart Is” quilt show in the gallery, fresh greenery. The perfect event to get in the holiday spirit and find unique gifts for those on your list!
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Foothills Arts Council will hold The Open Air Market. Fine arts show with artist from across the state under the big tents and market lights continuing our Art in the Garden series. The Open Air Art Market is a new spin on an old world market with fire pits, S’mores making station, live music, three Yadkin Valley Wineries, food, a children’s craft station, “Home Is Where the Heart Is” quilt show in the gallery, fresh greenery. The perfect event to get in the holiday spirit and find unique gifts for those on your list!
•10:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Reeves Theatre Lobby will be the scene for Artsy Women Without Borders. Percentage of sales goes to restore the Reeves.
• 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Fairfield Inn & Suites will have a Wine & Crafts Christmas Shop.
• 3:00 p.m. Elkin Christmas Parade. Theme is “A Christmas Wish List”. For details or registration, contact Vicki Roberts 244-5662.
• 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m Yadkin Valley Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party at Fairfield Inn & Suites.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.