by Staff Report
Ongoing: 10:15 a.m-Book Babies with Miss Wendy will be at the Elkin Public Library on Thursdays. Featuring stories and songs for you and your baby. The program lasts for 20-25 minutes. Age 0-24 months and their caregiver.
Children’s Story Hours: The Elkin Public Library • 10:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 2 and 3 year olds • 11:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 4 and 5 year olds
Ongoing: The Yadkin Valley Senior Center & Jonesville Nutrition site, serves lunch everyday Monday – Friday at 11:30 a.m. Many activities are planned daily, bingo, coupon swap, quilting, sewing, mental health games, prayer shawls, blood pressure check, scrap booking, crossword puzzles, Zumba, Tai Chi, ENP Shopping, Fire Safety, Etc. You may call 336-526-1087 for more information.
Ongoing: Thursdays at 10:30, Boonville Community Public Library will have Preschool story time for ages 2-5 year olds. This will consist of stories, songs, and crafts. Call 367-7737.
Ongoing: 6.p.m every third Tuesday of every month The American Business Women’s Association(ABWA)-Carolina Tri-Way Charter Chapter meets at Matty’s restaurant in Elkin on North Bridge Street. The ABWA brings together business women of diverse occupations and provides opportunities to grow personally & professionally through leadership, education, networking & national recognition. Call Laurette Leagon 336-366-9122.
Ongoing: Live music at Fiddles Pub -Historic Downtown Elkin on Friday & Saturday nights.
Dodge City Steakhouse is donating 10% of their proceeds to Upper Yadkin Valley Habitat for Humanity. North Bridge St. Elkin, So come out and help build a house without using a hammer! Call 336-526-4663 Donations pick-up available.
• 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Local author Sara Martin Byrd will sign and chat about her new novel, “The Color of My Heart.”
• 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Bake Sale in the Yadkin Valley Bank Branch in Historic Downtown Elkin. Proceeds to benefit Christian Hurt Medical Needs.
• 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Fall Rabies Clinic at Grandview Animal Hospital/Dr. Robbins 6043 Old Hwy 421, East Bend. $7 Shot 1 & 3 year vaccination.
• 8:00 a.m. - until American Cancer Society Relay for Life Fundraiser. Sponsored by Yadkin Medical Associates 305 E. Lee Avenue (Parking Lot) Yard Sale Vendors Needed. $10 per vendor space. Call 679-2661.
• 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Community Health Fair in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Room at HCMH (park in parking deck and enter beside the ER).
• 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Toys for Tots applications for families needing assistance for Christmas 2012 will be taken at KFC in Elkin. Toys for Tots provides Christmas toys for children that would not otherwise have a Christmas. Donations of NEW toys can be made at Feed Sak in Dobson, Dollar General Store in Boonville or Jonesville, and Joshua’s Angel Center (1228 Lightning Cross Road, Boonville, Coordinator for toys for tots).
• 10:00 a.m. Open House for Century 21 Hudspeth Properties.
• 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Elkin Recreation & Parks wants your input. Come by and provide your opinion on the future of your recreation & parks department. Snacks & Drinks provided. Complete a survey and enter a raffle to win a free monthly pass, picnic shelter rental and other prizes. If you can’t attend you may complete a survey on line. www.surveymonkey.com/s/elkinrecreationsurvey.
• 7:00 p.m. In room 106 at The Elkin Center of Surry Community College, Elkin Valley Trails Association is holding a Community Meeting. This meeting is to update everyone on current trails projects. Trail development including E & A Rail-Trail, mountain bike loops, a vineyard loop, historic trails, Yadkin River Trail and linking Elkin to Stone Mountain and Pilot Mountain will be discussed. Everyone is invited and encouraged to bring ideas and an interest in getting involved. Please contact Bill Blackley at email@example.com or visit www.elkinvalleytrails.org. For more information.
• 10:00 a.m. Yadkin, Surry, and Wilkes counties first fully competitive Allstar Cheerleading team “Extreme Spirit Allstarz” will hold its first annual “Showcase” at Elkin High School. Everyone is invited to come out and show your support. Other local high school, middle school and recreational cheer teams will be performing. If you have a cheerleading team that would like to perform call owners April and Neil Holleman at 336-428-8452. Admission is $5.00 per person.
• 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Veterans of Foreign Wars of the US conduct a food drive. The William J. Jones Post 7794 Veterans of Foreign Wars in Elkin is conducting its annual Thanksgiving food drive. VFW members will be accepting non-perishable food items at grocery and discount stores in Elkin & Jonesville. All donations will be used by Tri-C-Ministries to help local families this holiday season.
• 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Dobson Christmas Parade and Lighting of the Christmas tree.
• 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Light Up Night and Open House in Historic Downtown Elkin. Buggy rides, music, shopping spree drawings, refreshments and carolers will be the attractions.
Santa will be at Fairfield Inn & Suites.
• 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Foothills Arts Council will hold The Open Air Market. Fine arts show with artist from across the state under the big tents and market lights continuing our Art in the Garden series. The Open Air Art Market is a new spin on an old world market with fire pits, S’mores making station, live music, three Yadkin Valley Wineries, food, a children’s craft station, “Home Is Where the Heart Is” quilt show in the gallery, fresh greenery. The perfect event to get in the holiday spirit and find unique gifts for those on your list!
- 4:00 p.m. Foothills Arts Council will hold The Open Air Market. Fine arts show with artist from across the state under the big tents and market lights continuing our Art in the Garden series. The Open Air Art Market is a new spin on an old world market with fire pits, S’mores making station, live music, three Yadkin Valley Wineries, food, a children’s craft station, “Home Is Where the Heart Is” quilt show in the gallery, fresh greenery. The perfect event to get in the holiday spirit and find unique gifts for those on your list!
• 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Fairfield Inn & Suites will have a Wine & Crafts Christmas Shop.
• 3:00 p.m. Elkin Christmas Parade. Theme is “A Christmas Wish List)
• 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Yadkin valley Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party at Fairfield Inn & Suites.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices