by Lindsay Craven
Ongoing: Taste of Home tickets are available at the Tribune office.There’s only a few days left so get them now! The show is Thursday Oct. 11. at 6:30 p.m. There will be vendors from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for you to enjoy and cookbooks to purchase. This show is one you don’t want to miss! Call 336-835-1513 for tickets $12.00 general admission and $35.00 for vip which includes the first 4 rows of seats and a cookbook. This is a great event and will sell out quickly. So hurry!
Elkin Public Library Fall Schedule: Oct. 5 At the Fire Station, Oct. 12, Scarecrows, Oct. 19, Perfect Pumpkins, Oct. 26, Itsy bitsy Spiders. For more information Call 336-835-5586.
Ongoing: 10:15 a.m-Book Babies with Miss Wendy will be at the Elkin Public Library on Thursdays. Featuring stories & songs for you and your baby. The program last for 20-25 minutes. Age 0-24 months and their caregiver.
Children’s Story Hours: The Elkin Public Library • 10:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 2 and 3 year olds • 11:15 a.m. Fridays is Story Hour for 4 and 5 year olds
The Yadkin Valley Senior Center & Jonesville Nutrition site, serves lunch everyday Monday – Friday at 11:30 a.m. Many activities are planned daily, bingo, coupon swap, quilting, sewing, mental health games, prayer shawls, blood pressure check, scrap booking, crossword puzzles, Zumba, Tai Chi, ENP Shopping, Fire Safety, Etc. You may call 336-526-1087 for more information.
Ongoing: Thursdays at 10:30, Boonville Community Public Library will have Preschool storytime for ages 2-5 year olds. This will consist of stories, songs, and crafts. Call 367-7737.
Sept. 22-Oct. 6
• 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Yadkin Medical Associates will have a Flue Clinic for Yadkin Medical Patients Only.
• 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Used Book Sale. The Friends of the Elkin Public Library will be holding their annual used book sale, with great deals on all sorts of books, including children’s books, fiction and non-fiction, as well as DVDs and CDs. during the pumpkin festival and regular library hours.
Oct 1 – 25
• 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Skills for Employment in a Retail Store class will be held at Surry Community College.Call336-366-3244 for more information.
Pink Hair for Hope will start. All strands are $10 each, all of the money goes to breast cancer research! Appointment for this is preferred. 2171 N. Bridge St. Elkin. Call K.M.A. Salon(ask for Kelly)@ 336-587-4247.
• 4:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. The Elkin Tribune will be holding a food and vendor show, leading up to the Taste of Home Cooking School in the lobby outside Elkin High School’s Dixon auditorium. For more information call 835-1513. Food, crafts and a variety of other vendors will be present.
• 6:30 p.m. The Elkin Tribune will be hosting a Taste of Home Cooking show at Elkin High School’s Auditorium. All attendees will receive a goody bag that will include a Taste of Home magazine. General admission tickets are $12 and VIP tickets (which include a cookbook and a seat in the first few rows) are $35. Call 835-1513.
• 6:00 p.m. Lineup for the 3rd. Annual Fire Prevention Parade in Downtown Elkin, will be on Memorial Park Dr. Call 526-3748.
• 7:00 p.m. Fire Prevention Parade will be sponsored by The Elkin Fire Department in conjunction with the CC Camp Fire Department in Downtown Elkin. Call 526-3748. Trophies will be given for Oldest Fire Apparatus, Best Fire Apparatus, Best Rescue Apparatus, Best Specialty Apparatus, Best Brush Truck, Furthest Distance Traveled.
• 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Boonville United Methodist Church will sponsor an inside/outside Yard Sale and Bake sale. Breakfast will be served and hot dogs will be available for lunch. For more information call the church office. 367-7122.
• 10:15 a.m. - 10:55 a.m. Line up for Parade & Fall Festival in Hamptonville at Wingler’s Mobile Home Service at 3021 Rocky Branch Rd.(across from Debbie’s Snackbar). Route will go tot Hwy 21 – Right on Hwy 21 – Right onKey Street to West Yadkin Assembly of God at 3617 Key Street Hamptonville. Parade will start at 11:00 a.m. Festival is at church until 2:00 p.m. Music, Inflatables, clown available. Free fun for everyone.
• 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Windsor’s Crossroads Community Building , Windsor Road in Hamptonville will be the site for BBQ Chicken. Plates $7.50. Sponsored by the Windsor’s Crossroads Ruritan Club.
Oct 13 & 14
Sat. 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. & Sunday 1:45 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Music Festival at Lila Swaim Park, Jonesville. 30 to 40 performers, 40 vendor spaces, Food, Chicken & BBQ, children’s games, wagon rides, comedy, story telling magic by Dale Swofford, Gospel & Blue Grass Singing. $2.00 Admission. Vendor Space 10 x 10 $25.00 two days. Call Jonesville Visitor Center 336-835-2000.
• 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Free Flue Shots for Veterans at the Elkin Public Library, 111 N. Front St. Administered by the VA Medical Center of Salisbury. Please bring your DD-214 and a valid photo ID. For questions call the Salisbury VA Medical Center, 800-469-8262 or 4958 or 4960.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices