The Elkin Lady Elks tennis team has been on a roll lately with its latest wins. On Tuesday night, the Elks took on Ashe County at the Elkin Municipal Park.
The Elks won every set but two in singles, and every set but one in doubles. Mattie Timmerman went to three sets against Ashe County’s Caroline Current. Timmerman lost the first set 4-6, battled back in the second set to win 6-0, and finally won the tie break 10-5. In doubles, Brianna Dreyer and Emma Aldridge battled against Current and Church from Ashe County. Dreyer and Aldridge pulled out a win, with an 8-6 score.
Elkin moves to 6-2 for the season, its next match was Sept. 8 at Alleghany. Results were not available by press deadline.
Full results from the Ashe County match are listed below.
1. Mattie Timmerman E, def Caroline Current A, 4-6, 6-0, 10-5
2. Brianna Dreyer E def Morgan Church A, 6-1, 6-0
3. Emma Aldridge E def Anna Corley A, 6-2, 6-0 ret.
4. Bianka Kelly E def Kaylie frenandez A, 6-0, 6-0
5. Mackenzie Woods A, def Sydney Kelly E, 7-5, 7-5
6. Amber Miller A def Larkyn Nelson E, 6-4, 6-0
1. Dreyer/Aldridge E def Current/Church A, 8-6
2. Timmerman/Soos E def Corley/Fernandez A, 8-1
3. Woods/Miller A, def Kelly/ Brooke Collins E 8-4