The Buckin’ Elks tennis team continued its dominating season with another 9-0 win. This time the Elks beat Alleghany on Thursday afternoon. The Elks have been a roll so far this season as the team is 3-0 overall.
Ryan Macy beat his opponent, Daron Hernandez, in two sets with the scoreline the same in both. While Macy beat his opponent in two sets, every other singles match also was won in two sets. Jarrett Peterson defeated Colby Brooks in two sets, 6-0 and 6-1. Daniel Soos, Isacc Powell, Silas Cooley and Ashe McRitchie all won their singles matches with either 6-0 scores or 6-1 scores.
In doubles, Macy and Peterson took an 8-0 win over Alleghany’s Hernandez and Christian Denis. Holt Jackson and Izzi Gonzales defeated their opponent 8-2, while Jacob Bellia and Huey Cortez won their match 8-6.
Elkin moves to 3-0 overall. Elkin’s next match is Monday at home against Ashe County. The match is set to start at 4 p.m.
1. Ryan Macy E def Daron Hernandez, A, 6-0, 6-0
2. Jarrett Peterson E def Colby Brooks A, 6-0, 6-1
3. Daniel Soos E def Shaqueel Lawson A, 6-1, 6-0
4. Isaac Powell E def Garrett Eidhon A, 6-0, 6-0
5. Silas Coley E def Jacob Poole A , 6-0, 6-0
6. Asher McRitchie E, def Francisco Sierra A, 6-0, 6-1
1. Macy/Peterson E, def Hernandez/ Christian Denis A, 8-0
2. Holt Jackson/Izzi Gonzales E def Brooks/Wishon A, 8-2
3. Jacob Bellia/Huey Cortez E def Lawson/Poole A, 8-6