The Elkin Driver License Office will be closed on Tuesday, Dec. 8, for equipment installation work. The office is scheduled to reopen on Wednesday, Dec. 9, at 8 a.m., according to state DMV officials.
For anyone who must utilize the services offered there while the facility is closed, other offices in the region will be open on Tuesday. They include:
– Mount Airy – 155 Patrol Station Road, (336) 786-7015
– Mocksville – 161 Poplar St., Suite 101, (336) 751-5016
– Statesville – 905 Carolina Ave., N., (704) 878-4220
– Wilkesboro – 1230 School St., (336) 838-4725
– North Winston-Salem – 3637 N. Patterson Ave., (336) 761-2259
Equipment installations are being phased in at driver license offices around the state. NCDMV is putting in new cameras, printers, flatbed scanners and customer-facing monitors at each driver license examiner’s desk to support new programming for Next Generation driver license and ID card applications. The new equipment also includes the installation of credit and debit card machines at each desk.