The Elkin Police Department released the following information on arrests and citations issued during Aug. 4-11.
• Samantha Black, 19 of East Bend, was cited for an alleged larceny at Walmart.
• Suleyma Garrido, 20, of Hamptonville, was cited for alleged speed.
• Susan A. Greenwood, 28 of Ronda, was cited for alleged possession of hydrocodone and xanax.
• Dylan S. Zola, 28, of Greensboro was cited for an alleged larceny at Walmart.
• Oliver Luna, 30, of Elkin, was arrested and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Bond was set at $10,000 secured with a Sept. 10 court date.
According to Captain Kim Robison of the Elkin Police Department, any person who is at least 16 years old knowingly and willingly causes, encourages, or aid any juvenile to be in a place or condition, or to commit an act whereby the juvenile could be adjudicated delinquent, undisciplined, abused or neglected.
“In this case, basically, Mr. Luna had a juvenile at his residence that had been reported as a runaway and had denied to police that the juvenile was there. During the investigation, it was determined the juvenile was at his residence and Mr. Luna was charged,” said Robison.