YADKINVILLE — The Yadkin County Chamber of Commerce held its 10th annual Yadkin Valley Grape Festival Saturday.
More than 20 North Carolina wineries participated in the event in Downtown Yadkinville. The festival was held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the parking area behind the chamber building.
Many of the wineries were local establishments from Yadkin County, but a few made the drive from areas like Winston-Salem and Cary to showcase their selections.
Every attendee got a tasting wristband and wine glass with proof of I.D. Booths were set up in rows for visitors to browse the different offerings and sample whatever they found appealing.
Admission was free to attend, but there was a $20 tasting fee for those who chose to drink. Advanced tickets had been available at the chamber for $15 prior to Saturday.
Vendors were set up among the winery booths. Concessions were available from Ann’s Concessions, Big Country BBQ, Sommano Sihrath and the Forbush Hunter Safety Team.
Rain was a constant threat through the day.
Much like the Harvest Festival earlier in the month, the weather at the Yadkinville festival kept those who attended looking for cover as random raindrops fell.
No one seemed to mind. Umbrellas popped out and the tasting continued as the corks popped around the square.
The wineries who participated were:
• Allison Oaks Vineyards, Yadkinville
• Brandon Hills Vineyard, Yadkinville
• Carolina Heritage Vineyards, Elkin
• Chatham Hill Winery, Cary
• Cellar 4201, East Bend
• Divine Llama Vineyards, East Bend
• Flint Hill Vineyards, East Bend
• Grassy Creek Vineyards, State Road
• Hanover Park Vineyards, Yadkinville
• Herrera Vineyards, Dobson
• Laurel Gray Vineyards, Hamptonville
• Lazy Elm Vineyard, Mocksville
• Native Vines Winery, Lexington
• RagApple Lassie Vineyards, Boonville
• Sanders Ridge Vineyards, Boonville
• Shadow Springs Vineyards, Hamptonville
• Slightly Askew Winery, Elkin
• Stony Knoll Vineyards, Dobson
• Surry Cellars, Dobson
• Weathervane Winery, Winston-Salem
• Windsor Run Cellars, Hamptonville
• Yadkin Valley Wine Company, Hamptonville
Reach Taylor Pardue at 835-1513 ext. 15 or at email@example.com.