The Elkin Police Department has reported the following incidents and arrests.
• Walmart, 548 CC Camp Road, Elkin, reported larceny/concealment of merchandise on Sept. 22, when employees said a suspect took two pairs of jeans worth $42.89. No arrest was made.
• Blanca Alicia Salazar, 18, of Mojave Trail, Hamptonville, was charged with misdemeanor larceny with a court date of Oct. 30 after Walmart store officials reported she allegedly concealed makeup items in her purse valued at $39,83.
• William Alexander Brendle, 21, of Elkin, was charged Sept. 22 with misdemeanor driving while impaired and misdemeanor reckless driving to endeavor. Brendle allegedly drove a black SUV Honda CR-V off the left side of the road at 311 Elk Spur St., where it collided with a power pole causing the pole and lines to be hanging over the sidewalk. The vehicle also took out a mailbox before coming to rest in the front yard of the Elk Spur residence. He was released on a written promise and given a court date of Nov. 16.
• Trina Jewel Johnson, 30, of South Wall Street, Elkin, was charged on Sept. 23 with misdemeanor contempt of court perjury court violations, misdemeanor parole and probation violations and felony contempt of court perjury court violations for outstanding warrants. She was given a $35,000 secured bond and a court date of Sept. 24.
• Heather Michele Millian, 36, of Mountain View Road, Elkin, was charged on Sept. 25 with misdemeanor all traffic (except DWI) for an active warrant for driving while license revoked. She was given a $300 secured bond and a court date of Oct. 28.
• Dorothy Ann Dillard, 63, of Hideway Ridge Trail, Lowgap, was charged on Sept. 25 with misdemeanor shoplifting after a report from Walmart employees that she allegedly concealed merchandise in her pocketbook. She was given no bond and a court date of Oct. 30.
• Dustin Landis Osborne, 30, of Oakland Boulevard, Boonville, was charged on Sept. 26 with misdemeanor trespassing after he allegedly was at Walmart. He was given no bond and a court date of Oct. 30.
• Salomon Garduno Aguilar, 25, of Ridge Street, Elkin, was charged with misdemeanor driving while impaired – alcohol and/or drugs and two counts misdemeanor all traffic (except DWI). The charges followed a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of North Bridge and Church streets when a vehicle operated by Aguilar traveled off the left side of the road, up an embankment and struck a telephone pole. He was released on a written promise and given a court date of Nov. 2.