The Elkin Police Department has reported the following arrests and incidents.
• Rebecca Anne Shore, 55, of State Road, was cited on Sept. 7 with operating while drivers license was revoked. Court date will be Oct. 19.
• Jensen McCall Wiles, 21, of Vine Street, Elkin, was charged on Sept. 7 following an order for arrest for failure to appear on a misdemeanor charge in Surry County court on a charge of driving while license revoked. He was given a $300 cash bond and court date of Sept. 18.
• William Bowman, 26, of Aberdeen Lane, Mount Airy, was charged on Sept. 6 with felony parole and probation violations. He was given a $10,000 secured bond and a court date of Sept. 8.
• Officers responded to a call for service on Sept. 5 near Oakland and North Bridge streets for a verbal dispute which allegedly took place between Scotty Lane Sheets, 30, of Millers Creek and Traci Lane Sheets, 37, of Ronda. No assault occurred, and there were no arrests.
• Brittany Nicole McGee, 29, of Greenhorn Road, Roaring River, was charged Sept. 7 with misdemeanor escape from custody/resist arrest, misdemeanor equipment/paraphernalia – possessing/concealing and felony parole and probation violations. She was given no bond and a court date was not listed on the arrest report.
• Lee Wendell Burns, 48, of Rena Road, Hamptonville, was charged Sept. 1 with misdemeanor larceny/concealment of merchandise and misdemeanor possess drug paraphernalia. Officers responded to Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital at the bequest of Craig Golden, supervisor of security, who reported that Burns allegedly had concealed numerous medical supplies such as gloves, pill cutter and more in his pants and under his shirt. He was released on a written promise and a court date was set for Oct. 12.
• Officers responded to Triangle Lane, Elkin, to an alleged family argument between Julia Crispin Dominguez and Jose Contreras on Sept. 2. No arrests were reported.