With summer travel season at full peak, the Elkin Police Department remain on its toes nabbing suspects in gas and runs.
Yusniel Rodriguez, 27, of Palm Beach, Florida, was charged with larceny of fuel. Bond was set at $2,500 with a Aug. 5 court date.
“The theft occurred at the 7-Eleven on CC Camp Road. The peak travel season is when there is a minute spike in larceny of gas,” said Capt. Kim Robison of the Elkin Police Department.
Robison also released the following arrests and citations for the week of July 21-28.
• Justin L. Kirby, 21, of North Wilkesboro, was charged with larceny of a motor vehicle, breaking and entering a motor vehicle and possession of drug paraphernalia. Kirby was issued a $5,000 secured bond and has a Sept. 26 court date.
• Shaun M. Gibbs of Elkin was charged with driving while license revoked and speed. Gibbs was given a $2,500 secured bond on the charges and issued an Aug. 20 court date. Robison said Gibbs also had outstanding orders for arrest. A $7,500 secured bond was issued on those charges with an Aug. 1 court date.
• Bradley S. Delezia, 35, of Fuquay-Varina, was cited for larceny at Walmart.
Tasha L. Eichelberger, 21, Fuquay-Varina, was cited for larceny at Walmart.
• Richard D. Chambers, 26, of Yadkinville, was cited for driving while license revoked and speed.
• Marvin P. Wall, 73, of Thurmond, was cited for expired registration and expired inspection.
• Jacob A. Pearson, 21, of North Wilkesboro, was cited for driving while license revoked.
• Thomas M. Stewart, 24, of Cheswick, Pennsylvania, was cited for speed.
• Joseph A Aldrige, 23, of North Wilkesboro, was cited for speed.
• Maria E. Gladys, 38, of North Wilkesboro, was cited for no operator’s license.
• Ebrahim A. Alshayef, 34, of East Bend, was cited for speed.
• Fiedl R. Callejas, 42, of Elkin, was cited for no operator’s license.
• Ashley Nicole Burns, 22, of Elkin, was cited for expired registration.
Anthony Gonzalez may be reached at 336-835-1513 or on Twitter @newsgonz.