The Elkin Police Department released records for arrests and citations issued during the week of July 14-19.
• Octavio Bautista Carbajal, 48, of Elkin, was arrested and charged for being an absconder, identity theft, and possession of fraudulent identification card. Bond was set at $5,000 secured with an Aug. 15 court date. According to police brass, an absconder is someone who has left the jurisdiction of another court without permission.
• Elijah Peyton Thompson, 19, Elkin, was processed on charges of contempt of court charge. Bond was set at $3,000 secured bond with a July 23 court date.
• Nancy Tabatha Fotis, 30, Elkin, was charged with simple assault. She was held with no bond and an Aug. 18 court date.
Capt. Kim Robison of the Elkin Police Department said, “Fotis was issued no bond because it was the result of a domestic (charge). Arrestees in domestics are held with no bond until they can make an appearance before a district court judge. If no judge is available, say it is over the weekend or on a holiday, a magistrate may set the bond.”
• Shannon Prevette Bryant, 40, Traphill, was charged with DWI, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was given a written promise with an Aug. 20 court date.
• Jovani Gomes, 37, Ronda, was processed and charged with DWI and no operator’s license. He was given a $1,000 secured bond with a Sept. 8 court date.
• Jessica Escobar Ruiz, 26, Elkin, was brought in for a contempt of court. She was given a $375 secured bond with an Aug. 1 court date.
• Radi Mark Simpson, 56, Sumter, South Carolina, was charged with DWI. He was given an Aug. 20 court date.
The following were issued citations:
• Miguel Angel Manrique, 20, Elkin, was cited for speed and no operator’s license.
• Angulo Rufino Rodriguez, 24, Harmony, was cited for speed and driving while license revoked.
• Cathy Stokes Cockerham, 56, Jonesville, was cited for speed.
• Mary Melinda Easter, 23, Jonesville, was cited for larceny.
• Korie Nicole Easter, 19, Jonesville, was cited for larceny.
• Heather Renee Floyd, 19, Gastonia, was cited for larceny.
Robison said larceny charges do not necessarily lead to arrests. “The larceny involved shoplifting at Walmart. It is officer discretion on citing or arresting,” she said.
• Faye Baker Alexander, 68, Roaring River, was cited for consuming alcohol on premises when not permitted. She was given a Sept. 8 court date.
Anthony Gonzalez may be reached at 336-835-1513 or on Twitter @newsgonz.