• 7 p.m., Cool Springs Baptist Church, Cool Springs Church Road, Elkin, will hold revival with the Rev. Wesley Smith as speaker on Wednesday. There will be special singing each night.
• 7:30 p.m., Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will host revival services featuring guest speaker, the Rev. Kenny Anderson.
• 4 p.m. until, Poplar Springs Baptist Church, 1.7 miles out Poplar Springs Road from the Ingles shopping center, will host its fall bazaar followed by a “grab-bags” silent auction beginning at 6:30 p.m. A mall of shops will offer a wide array of items such as Christmas items, harvest, gift baskets, tots, sawdust, fine arts and baked goods. Special items, such as a custom DeHaan quilt, a 30-plus year-old pair of stained glass swag lamps, and more, will be sold by silent auction during the bazaar, with a “grab-bags” silent auction running from 6:30 p.m. until its sold out. Concessions will include hot dogs, chili cheese dogs, nacho pie, soft drinks and more. Proceeds benefit the church’s children, senior adults, music/worship and world missions ministries. For more information, call 336-835-1015.
• 7 p.m., West Elkin Baptist Church, 103 Reeves Lane, Elkin, will host its fall revival with the Rev. Kevin and Josh Blevins as speakers. Music Monday will be by Ronda Tabernacle Baptist Choir.
• 7 p.m., Zephyr Baptist Church, Poplar Springs Road, in the Zephyr community, will host fall revival services featuring James Orange as speaker. For more information, call Pastor Craig Key at 336-366-3275.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church will hold a port-a-pit chicken dinner at the Elkin Rescue Squad building on North Bridge Street in Elkin. Cost is $9 per plate.
• 3 p.m., St. Home Baptist Church youth department Warriors of Worship (WOW) will host its youth explosion at the church, 340 Oak Grove Road, Elkin. For more information or to participate, contact youth coordinator Danielle Propst-Wilson at 336-918-8086.
• 6 to 10 p.m., West Elkin Baptist Church will hold its fall festival featuring games and treats.
• 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Home Baptist Church youth department Warriors of Worship (WOW) will a hot dog and yard sale fundraiser at Elkin Rescue Squad, North Bridge Street, Elkin, with hot dogs served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information or to participate, contact youth coordinator Danielle Propst-Wilson at 336-918-8086.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]•