• Welcome Home Missionary Baptist Church, 10748 Traphill Road, Traphill, is having revival featuring speaker Sammy Lawson. Revival will be at 6 p.m. on Oct. 9 and 7 p.m. Oct. 10-14. For more information, call Jackie Caudill at 336-467-1032.
• 4 to 6 p.m., Mitchell’s Chapel UMC, 2410 Center Road, Boonville, will have a musical festival featuring the Mickles Family Singers, Mitchell’s Chapel Choir and others. Love offering taken for SECU Hospice Home.
• 5 p.m., Welcome Home Missionary Baptist Church, 10748 Traphill Road, Traphill, is hosting Ivan Parker in concert. The event will be rain or shine under a large tent, and those attending should bring a lawn chair. For more information, call Jackie Caudill at 336-467-1032.
• 11 a.m., Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will hold homecoming service with special singing by the Joyful Noise.
• 6 p.m., Marler Road Baptist Church in Hamptonville will host The Whisnants in concert. For more information, call 336-468-8610.
• 7:30 p.m., Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will host revival services featuring guest speaker, the Rev. Kenny Anderson.
• 4 p.m. until, Poplar Springs Baptist Church, 1.7 miles out Poplar Springs Road from the Ingles shopping center, will host its fall bazaar followed by a “grab-bags” silent auction beginning at 6:30 p.m. A mall of shops will offer a wide array of items such as Christmas items, harvest, gift baskets, tots, sawdust, fine arts and baked goods. Special items, such as a custom DeHaan quilt, a 30-plus year-old pair of stained glass swag lamps, and more, will be sold by silent auction during the bazaar, with a “grab-bags” silent auction running from 6:30 p.m. until its sold out. Concessions will include hot dogs, chili cheese dogs, nacho pie, soft drinks and more. Proceeds benefit the church’s children, senior adults, music/worship and world missions ministries. For more information, call 336-835-1015.
• 7 p.m., West Elkin Baptist Church, 103 Reeves Lane, Elkin, will host its fall revival with the Rev. Kevin and Josh Blevins as speakers. Music Monday will be by Ronda Tabernacle Baptist Choir.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]