• 10:30 a.m., Galloway Memorial Episcopal Church, 310 W. Main St., Elkin, will hold a Blessing of the Animals on the greenway next to the library. All pets are welcome, but must be on a leash or contained and be up-to-date on their immunizations. Photos of animals will be blessed as well. Refreshments and animal treats will be served.
• Welcome Home Missionary Baptist Church, 10748 Traphill Road, Traphill, is having revival featuring speaker Sammy Lawson. Revival will be at 6 p.m. on Oct. 9 and 7 p.m. Oct. 10-14. For more information, call Jackie Caudill at 336-467-1032.
• 5 p.m., Welcome Home Missionary Baptist Church, 10748 Traphill Road, Traphill, is hosting Ivan Parker in concert. The event will be rain or shine under a large tent, and those attending should bring a lawn chair. For more information, call Jackie Caudill at 336-467-1032.
• 11 a.m., Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will hold homecoming service with special singing by the Joyful Noise.
• 6 p.m., Marler Road Baptist Church in Hamptonville will host The Whisnants in concert. For more information, call 336-468-8610.
• 7:30 p.m., Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will host revival services featuring guest speaker, the Rev. Kenny Anderson.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]