• 7 p.m., Yadkin Valley Full Gospel Tabernacle Association will host a campmeeting with special singing nightly. Evangelist Keith Nix, founder and president of Operation Hope Ministries, will be speaker. For more information, call 336-835-4281 or 336-835-5359.
• The GAP Church will host a two-night trip to Washington, D.C., with pick up at Mayberry Mall in Mount Airy on June 23, and touring sites on June 24 including Jefferson Memorial, U.S. Capitol, FDR Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, one-hour boat cruise, White House and more, with return on June 25. The cost of the trip is $365 per person, with the first deposit of $125 due March 1. For more information, call Kathy Dobson at 336-648-1951.
• 1 to 3 p.m., Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, State Road, will host a free hot dog/hamburger community meal at the Elkin Recreation Park shelter. Special music will be presented by the church’s bluegrass Jammers group. For more information, call the church office at 336-874-2712 between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bannertown Baptist Church, Mount Airy, will host a children’s music camp. Cost of camp is $60 and includes a T-shirt, fun kit, morning snack and drink at lunch. For more information, call Martha Cogdill at 336-688-3105.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.