• 7 p.m., West Elkin Baptist Church will host spring revival. The Rev. Phillip Moore will be guest speaker. Follow the signs on Elk Spur Street.
• 7 p.m., Union Grove Baptist Church, 2401 Nebo Road, Yadkinville, will host the legendary Chuckwagon Gang in concert with doors opening at 6 p.m. The Boys from Enon Baptist Church will open the concert. A love offering will be received. For more information, call 336-961-5792.
• 5 p.m., Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, 1432 U.S. 21, State Road, will host “Walk through the Bible,” a dramatization of many biblical events from creation through the death, burial and resurrection. A free meal of hot dogs and fixings, along with baked beans, chips, drink and dessert will be provided. Special music will be played in the fellowship hall, and golf carts will be available for those who are unable to walk.
• 11 a.m., West Elkin Baptist Church will featuring River’s Edge singing.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., a multi-family yard sale will be held to benefit the Dennyville Baptist Church youth group at the Century 21 office on North Bridge Street in Elkin.
• 11:30 a.m., Sparta First Baptist Church will host senior adults fellowship.
• The GAP Church will host a two-night trip to Washington, D.C., with pick up at Mayberry Mall in Mount Airy on June 23, and touring sites on June 24 including Jefferson Memorial, U.S. Capitol, FDR Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, one-hour boat cruise, White House and more, with return on June 25. The cost of the trip is $365 per person, with the first deposit of $125 due March 1. For more information, call Kathy Dobson at 336-648-1951.
• 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Bannertown Baptist Church, Mount Airy, will host a children’s music camp. Cost of camp is $60 and includes a T-shirt, fun kit, morning snack and drink at lunch. For more information, call Martha Cogdill at 336-688-3105.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]