WILKESBORO — Low-cost rabies vaccination clinics are scheduled at several locations in the area for May 3 and May 7, according to the Wilkes County Animal Shelter.
Pet owners must present proof of a current rabies vaccination for their pet to receive a three-year vaccine. North Carolina state law requires pet owners to provide current inoculation against rabies for any dog or cat four months of age or older.
All dogs brought to the clinics must be on a leash, and cats are to be contained in a carrier or box. A fee of $7 will be charged for each pet vaccinated, and a licensed veterinarian will administer the vaccines.
Sponsors are the Wilkes County Animal Shelter, the Humane Society of Wilkes and participating veterinarians.
May 3 clinics will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• Southeastern Community Center, 4595 Hunting Creek Road, North Wilkesboro.
• Traphill Elementary School, 9794 Traphill Road, Traphill.
• Millers Creek Elementary School, 4320 N.C. 16 North, Millers Creek.
• Ronda Clingman Elementary School, 316 Ronda Clingman Elementary School Road, Ronda.
• Mt. Pleasant Elementary School, 532 Champion Mt. Pleasant Road, Ferguson.
• Mountain View Elementary School, 5464 Mountain View Road, North Wilkesboro.
May 7 clinics will be held from 8 a.m. to noon, unless otherwise noted, at the following locations:
• Animal Hospital of Wilkes, 1609 Curtis Bridge Road, Wilkesboro.
• 9 a.m. to noon, Elkin Veterinary Hospital, 786 N.C. 268 West, Elkin.
• Riverview Animal Hospital, 239 Armory Road, North Wilkesboro.
• State Road Animal Hospital, 1113 Klondike Road, State Road.
• Wilkes Veterinary Hospital, 1007 Second St., North Wilkesboro.