• 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 6 p.m. on Sunday, Full Gospel Tabernacle Association Annual Camp Meeting, 1714 Zephyr Mountain Park Road, State Road, will be held. Jim Maynor will be in charge of service. He is an evangelist who has traveled to many different places and is the author of six Bible study courses and serves as president of open door outreach ministries. For more information, call Tommy Conley at 336-835-5359 or 336-902-0902.
• 6 to 9 p.m., Vacation Bible School at Grace Full Gospel Church, Messick Road, Jonesville, will be held for ages 4 through 18. Call 835-2296 for transportation, a church van is available. Theme is “Son” Canyon River Adventure.
• Poplar Springs Baptist Church will hold Vacation Bible School with kick off and registration at Elkin Pool July 5 from 5 to 7 p.m. Bible school will be July 6-10 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. with meal provided nightly at the church. The theme is “Journey Off the Map.”
• 6 to 8 p.m., Kitchen 9:13 will host a free meal at Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• Shoaly Branch Baptist Church off of Murray Road, Elkin, will have Vacation Bible School for all ages. Michael McDaniel will again be conducting the program this year. He does chalk drawings with black lights to enhance his art work. He draws as he teaches and presents an awesome program. For more information or directions to the church, call 336-957-2553 or 336-984-4196.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]