• 7 p.m., revival is being held at Heavenbound Baptist Church, 670 Osbourne Sunset Drive, North Wilkesboro. Speakers and music will be Wednesday, Brother Jeremy Simpson and Thanks to Calvary Baptist Church choir; Thursday, Brother Davy Shelton and Northwood Baptist Church choir; Friday, Brother Davy Shelton, Brother Leonard Fletcher and Three For Him. For more information, call Jimmy at 336-835-6062.
• 10 a.m. until, White Rock United Methodist Church in Thurmond will hold a Port-A-Pit BBQ chicken sale at the church. Plates will be $9 and include half chicken, slaw, baked beans, roll and dessert. Half chicken only will be $6.
• 5 to 8 p.m., a Halloween carnival will be held at Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin. Costumes are welcome. There will be free games and prizes and free hot dogs. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Compass Worship Church will host a trunkless trunk or treat outside Starmount Cinema V, Jonesville, for the community.
• 4 p.m., Elkin Presbyterian Church will host a special program remembering all the victims of gun violence in the nation, featuring a speaker from Wake Forest Baptist Hospital on healing from post-traumatic stress disorder and showing the film produced by the Presbyterian Church, “Trigger: the Ripple Effect of Gun Violence.”
• 11 a.m., Swaims Baptist Church will host homecoming and revival with homecoming service Sunday at 11 a.m. followed by lunch in the fellowship hall. Revival will be Sunday at 6 p.m. and Monday through Wednesday at 7 p.m. with the Rev. James Pardue serving as visiting minister.
• 6 p.m., Macedonia Baptist Church will host Women’s World Day of Prayer with a meal at 6 p.m. and program to follow. A $2 donation is suggested to help cover the meal. Call the Elkin Baptist Association at 336-835-8433 to make a reservation.
• 5 p.m., Boonville United Methodist Church, 116 N. Carolina Ave., Boonville, will host a mystery dinner theater, “Death in Them Thar Hills!,” in the fellowship hall. Tickets cost $20 and includes a BBQ dinner. Those attending can wear their best Western attire. Limited seating is available. For tickets, call 336-367-7122.
• 6 p.m., The Primitive Quarter from Candler will be in concert at Old Roaring River Baptist Church, 13932 Longbottom Road, Traphill. Doors open at 5 p.m. and a love offering will be received. For more information, call 336-957-0860.
• 11 a.m., Grace Full Gospel Church, Messick Road, Jonesville, will have homecoming and pastor appreciation day with guest speaker the Rev. Eugene Moore of Franklin. Dinner will be held at 1 p.m. Revival will begin at 6 p.m. Sunday and be held at 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. Moore will be the speaker all week. There will be special singing each night.
• 6 to 8 p.m., free hot meal for the community through Kitchen 9:13 at Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 6 p.m., a Community Night of Thanks will be held at Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin. The night will begin with worship followed by a Thanksgiving meal open to the community. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]