• Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will hold homecoming Oct. 18 with prayer room at 10:45 a.m. and service at 11 a.m. with special singing by Joyful Noise. Revival will be held Oct. 19-21 at 7:30 p.m. with prayer room at 7:15 p.m. Guest speakers are the Rev. Elliott Smith on Monday; the Rev. Jerry Harris Tuesday; and the Rev. Kenny Anderson Wednesday.
• 7 a.m. until, Union Baptist Church Ladies Circle will host a yard and bake sale at the Thurmond Community Building.
• 6 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host Michael Combs in concert with doors opening at 5 p.m. Opening the concert will be The Boys. A love offering will be received. For more information, call Chris Parker at 336-367-7939.
• 5:30 p.m., Mitchell’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 2410 Center Road, Boonville, will have a truck or treat night.
• 7 p.m., revival is being held at Heavenbound Baptist Church, 670 Osbourne Sunset Drive, North Wilkesboro. Speakers and music will be Wednesday, Brother Jeremy Simpson and Thanks to Calvary Baptist Church choir; Thursday, Brother Davy Shelton and Northwood Baptist Church choir; Friday, Brother Davy Shelton, Brother Leonard Fletcher and Three For Him. For more information, call Jimmy at 336-835-6062.
• 4:30 p.m., Elkin Baptist Semi-Annual Associational Meeting will be held at Pleasant Home Baptist Church with afternoon message at 4:30 p.m. by the Rev. Mitch Smith, meal at 6 p.m. and evening message by Lester Evans at 6:50 p.m.
• 10 a.m. until, White Rock United Methodist Church in Thurmond will hold a Port-A-Pit BBQ chicken sale at the church. Plates will be $9 and include half chicken, slaw, baked beans, roll and dessert. Half chicken only will be $6.
• 4 p.m., Elkin Presbyterian Church will host a special program remembering all the victims of gun violence in the nation, featuring a speaker from Wake Forest Baptist Hospital on healing from post-traumatic stress disorder and showing the film produced by the Presbyterian Church, “Trigger: the Ripple Effect of Gun Violence.”
• 6 p.m., Macedonia Baptist Church will host Women’s World Day of Prayer with a meal at 6 p.m. and program to follow. A $2 donation is suggested to help cover the meal. Call the Elkin Baptist Association at 336-835-8433 to make a reservation.
• 6 p.m., The Primitive Quarter from Candler will be in concert at Old Roaring River Baptist Church, 13932 Longbottom Road, Traphill. Doors open at 5 p.m. and a love offering will be received. For more information, call 336-957-0860.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]