• Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will hold homecoming Oct. 18 with prayer room at 10:45 a.m. and service at 11 a.m. with special singing by Joyful Noise. Revival will be held Oct. 19-21 at 7:30 p.m. with prayer room at 7:15 p.m. Guest speakers are the Rev. Elliott Smith on Monday; the Rev. Jerry Harris Tuesday; and the Rev. Kenny Anderson Wednesday.
• 6 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host Michael Combs in concert with doors opening at 5 p.m. Opening the concert will be The Boys. A love offering will be received. For more information, call Chris Parker at 336-367-7939.
• 4:30 p.m., Elkin Baptist Semi-Annual Associational Meeting will be held at Pleasant Home Baptist Church with afternoon message at 4:30 p.m. by the Rev. Mitch Smith, meal at 6 p.m. and evening message by Lester Evans at 6:50 p.m.
• 6 p.m., Macedonia Baptist Church will host Women’s World Day of Prayer with a meal at 6 p.m. and program to follow. A $2 donation is suggested to help cover the meal. Call the Elkin Baptist Association at 336-835-8433 to make a reservation.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]