• Friendship Baptist Church, Elkin, will have its fall revival featuring Pastor Kenny Pardue of Union Baptist Church as speaker.
• 7 p.m., Shoaly Branch Baptist Church will hold revival services.
• 7 p.m., Old Roaring River Baptist Church, 13932 Longbottom Road, Traphill, will have revival featuring the Rev. Don Hudson, pastor of Fall Creek Baptist Church, as guest speaker. There will be special singing nightly with choirs from visiting churches.
• 2 to 4 p.m., a gospel singing will be held at Bonneville United Methodist Church to benefit the SECU Hospice Home in Yadkin County. It is being sponsored by five United Methodist churches — Center, Mitchell Chapel, Longtown, Boonville and Yadkinville. Admission is free.
• Branon Friends Meeting, 1331 Branon Church Road, Yadkinville, will hold homecoming at 11 a.m. with a meal to follow. Then the meeting will host revival services featuring Brady Morrison Sunday through Wednesday at 7 p.m. with special singing each night. For more information, call 336-468-2222.
• 7 p.m., West Elkin Baptist Church will host its fall revival with guest speaker, the Rev. Ronnie McMillan from Ronda First Baptist. To find the church, follow the signs on Elk Spur Street. For more information, call 336-483-7680.
• Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will hold homecoming Oct. 18 with prayer room at 10:45 a.m. and service at 11 a.m. with special singing by Joyful Noise. Revival will be held Oct. 19-21 at 7:30 p.m. with prayer room at 7:15 p.m. Guest speakers are the Rev. Elliott Smith on Monday; the Rev. Jerry Harris Tuesday; and the Rev. Kenny Anderson Wednesday.
• 6 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host Michael Combs in concert with doors opening at 5 p.m. Opening the concert will be The Boys. A love offering will be received. For more information, call Chris Parker at 336-367-7939.
• 4:30 p.m., Elkin Baptist Semi-Annual Associational Meeting will be held at Pleasant Home Baptist Church with afternoon message at 4:30 p.m. by the Rev. Mitch Smith, meal at 6 p.m. and evening message by Lester Evans at 6:50 p.m.
• 6 p.m., Macedonia Baptist Church will host Women’s World Day of Prayer with a meal at 6 p.m. and program to follow. A $2 donation is suggested to help cover the meal. Call the Elkin Baptist Association at 336-835-8433 to make a reservation.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]