• Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, 593 Pleasant Hill Drive, Elkin, will hold revival featuring Chris Schofield as guest speaker. Schofield is on the BSCNS staff as director of the Office of Prayer for Evangelism and Spiritual Awakening.
• 6:30 p.m., the WMU fall gathering of the Surry Baptist Association will be held at Dobson Baptist Church with guest speaker Mary Gray, founder of Project Bandanas. In order for refreshments to be planned, call the SBA office at 336-789-5701 no later than Sept. 23 to register a group.
• 6 p.m., Immanuel Baptist Church, 1505 Lewisville Clemmons Road, Clemmons, will host Community Outreach for the Missing Everywhere as a support and prayer outreach for families who have loved ones missing.
• Friendship Baptist Church, Elkin, will have its fall revival featuring Pastor Kenny Pardue of Union Baptist Church as speaker.
• 7 p.m., Shoaly Branch Baptist Church will hold revival services.
• 7 p.m., Old Roaring River Baptist Church, 13932 Longbottom Road, Traphill, will have revival featuring the Rev. Don Hudson, pastor of Fall Creek Baptist Church, as guest speaker. There will be special singing nightly with choirs from visiting churches.
• 7 p.m., West Elkin Baptist Church will host its fall revival with guest speaker, the Rev. Ronnie McMillan from Ronda First Baptist. To find the church, follow the signs on Elk Spur Street. For more information, call 336-483-7680.
• 4:30 p.m., Elkin Baptist Semi-Annual Associational Meeting will be held at Pleasant Home Baptist Church with afternoon message at 4:30 p.m. by the Rev. Mitch Smith, meal at 6 p.m. and evening message by Lester Evans at 6:50 p.m.
• 6 p.m., Macedonia Baptist Church will host Women’s World Day of Prayer with a meal at 6 p.m. and program to follow. A $2 donation is suggested to help cover the meal. Call the Elkin Baptist Association at 336-835-8433 to make a reservation.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.
Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information- should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]