Submission guidelines for calendar events: One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected], or drop them off at The Tribune office.
• 7 p.m., Union Grove Baptist Church, 2401 Nebo Road, Yadkinville, will host the Chuckwagon Gang in concert. Doors open at 6 p.m. The Boys from Enon Baptist will open for the show, and a love offering will be accepted.
• 6 p.m., Southside Baptist Church, 1819 U.S. 601, Yadkinville, will host Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver in concert. Cost is $20 at the gate, or $15 if bringing one’s own chair. Those 10 and younger are admitted free. There are limited guaranteed seating for $20. For more information, visit southsidebaptistchurch.com or call 630-606-8011.
• 10:30 a.m., Calvary Baptist Church in Elkin will have homecoming with Evangelist Grant Hardeman speaking. Also, there will be prayers over 100 backpacks being delivered to local schools through Mercy and Truth Ministries. A dinner will follow the service.
• Little Elkin Baptist Church, 1161 Little Elkin Church Road, Ronda, will host revival featuring the Rev. Kenny Anderson on Sunday with Sunday school at 9:45 a.m., prayer room at 10:45 a.m. and Sunday service at 11 a.m., and the Rev. Charlie Kennedy as guest speaker at 7:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. Prayer room will open at 7:15 p.m. each night, and there will be special nightly singing.
• 6:30 p.m., Elkin Baptist Association will host its Vacation Bible School clinic for all VBS teachers, workers, leaders and pastors at Ronda First Baptist Church.
• 6 to 8 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Kitchen 9:13, a free community meal for everyone, each second Monday of the month.
• 5 p.m., Christ Lutheran Church has a free community meal on the fourth Monday of each month at 451 Winston Road, Jonesville.
• 7 p.m., Abstract Church, 1785 N. Bridge St., Elkin, hosts Celebrate Recovering, a ministry designed to help hurting people, each Saturday. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can seek recovery and gain healing from life’s hurts, habits and hang-ups. The group is free. For more information, visit abstractchurch.org.